Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

#10: Made Ornaments Using Seashells


Adventure #10 in my goal to experience/try 42 new things was making ornaments out of seashells.  This is something I've wanted to do for years, but just never got around to trying.  

With the Atlantic Ocean as my backyard, obtaining seashells was not difficult at all.  I didn't look for any specific color or shape, just seashells that already had a borehole to make easier the process of threading a narrow ribbon through for hanging.  After thoroughly washing and drying each, I brushed on craft glue and sprinkled each heavily with an opaque superfine glitter that allowed the shell's natural coloring to filter through.  I was very pleased with this result as I really don't think I would have enjoyed them all looking identical. 

Most surprising was my children's reaction to these ornaments.  They LOVED them!  Both requested I make many more for next year's Christmas tree.  It was an easy craft that delivered a wonderful sparkle and glimmer to our tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment