Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

#9: Made Something I Pinned


Adventure #9 in my goal to experience/try 42 new things was actually making something I pinned on Pinterest.  It's fun to pin away, but taking the time to follow through with the inspiration is another story.  

I thought these vegan chocolate peanut butter cups would be a perfect treat for Christmas Eve.  I added 1/2 tsp. organic extra virgin coconut oil to the chocolate to reach a more desirable (for me) consistency.  The "nooch" added to the peanut butter truly did make this taste like the filling from the brand-name non-organic version of this treat.  That alone was seriously so good I could have just eaten a whole bowlful of it without even bringing chocolate into the picture!

Mine didn't turn out as pretty as the original poster's, but I know I didn't let them set up as long as I should have (I gave in to the pleas of my youngest child who was overwhelmingly excited about me surprising everyone with this goodie).  I also used a spoon for transferring the ingredients into the muffin liners.  Next time - and yes, I will be making these again and again - I will try reusing a mustard bottle or similar bottle for squirting the chocolate into the muffin liners.  I envision they will turn out a lot more beautiful that way.

These are so incredibly fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment