Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

#5 - An Alpaca Farm

Adventure #5 in my goal to try/experience 42 new things was visiting an alpaca farm.  I've had the pleasure of getting to know the alpacas at a nearby zoo over the past several years because my kids and I are absolutely crazy about them.  As a result the petting yard is always our first stop once inside, and we have been blessed to befriend one of the zookeepers who cares for these gorgeous animals.


However, I have never been to an actual alpaca farm.  Visiting a particular one has been on my wish list for quite some time, so I was thrilled to recently have the opportunity to make that wish a reality.


While there I got to see several cria who were not very old, including the adorable 4 day old little lass pictured above.  I witnessed an alpaca spitting (I've never seen that happen at the zoo) and learned how to stop it.  The herd of 40+ alpacas at this farm was breathtakingly beautiful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment