Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

#11: In The Driver's Seat

Adventure #11 in my goal to experience/try 42 new things was finding myself in the driver's seat when my family took our traditional drive just before Christmas looking at all the beautiful lights others had displayed at their homes.  I have never driven.  I've always been a passenger on this adventure and 2011's trek was not unlike those of recent years ... everyone griped, fussed, and complained that my spouse would not go slowly enough for us all to really enjoy the occasion.  I offered to drive (I do not enjoy driving) - this was met with loud cheers from our children.  I suppose they assumed I would do a good job because I had joined them in the complaining. (LOL)

I grumbled my way into the driver's seat thinking *I* wouldn't be able to enjoy the evening having to concentrate on the road and other vehicles, but it actually wasn't so bad.  I viewed way more than I anticipated (and saw far more than I would have with my spouse driving) plus our children told me they had a great time and appreciated that I was willing to go slowly enough for them to savor in the magic of the evening.  Who knows ... I may end up in the driver's seat every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment