Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

#7: Homemade Toner


Adventure #7 in my goal to try/experience 42 new things was making my own toner.  I've tried plenty of other homemade beauty recipes, but have always shied away from trying a toner.  I don't really know why.

On my regular blog I've been very open and honest about my nightmare struggle with perimenopausal hormonal acne.  I would not wish it upon anyone.  No purchased product I've ever tried has cleared it up completely.  I had promising success with a couple of products, but the acne always flared up again with a vengeance.  Also as the result of stress and hormonal wackiness, I had a quite sizable facial cyst form near my cheek.

For over a month now I have been using a homemade toner and am pleased to report it has delivered fantastic results.  Seriously, really fantastic ... as in I am giddy with delight.  I simply combined 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar (I specifically used Bragg's) with 3/4 cup purified water.  I've been using this "toner" once a day with the following results ... the acne on one side of my face is completely cleared up, the acne on my chin and other side of my face has diminished greatly, and the facial cyst (which was quite puffed up) is nearly entirely gone.  As an unexpected bonus, my skin is so soft and smooth I have not had to exfoliate at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment