Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

#13 - Memory Jar


Adventure #13 in my goal to experience/try 42 new things was making a Memory Jar for my family for this year.  I hope we have a ton of great memories to reflect on this year, so I used a large quart mason jar for this project.  A simple tag of cardstock on the front along with a circle of cardstock on the top is how I chose to decorate mine.




Anyone in the family can write down a memory with corresponding date on a slip of paper, fold it in half, then add it to the jar.  On New Year's Eve this year, we'll sit down together and take turns reading all the memories inside.  To make it easy for all of us to add a memory, I transformed a lidded plastic food container into a paper storage tub.  Again, I used cardstock I already had on hand to decorate the container.  The paper slips are all cut in a uniform size and shape (using a Coluzzle rectangular template) out of scrap cardstock.  I have over 200 slips ready and waiting for memories to be added.


No comments:

Post a Comment