Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#12 - Christmas Jar


Adventure # 12 in my goal to experience/try 42 new things was making a Christmas Jar.  I've never read the book behind this inspiration, Christmas Jars  by Jason F. Wright, but the concept is simple ..... toss in your spare change during the year and anonymously give it to a needy recipient 2-3 weeks before Christmas.  It could be someone who has lost their job, a single mom struggling to make ends meet, a family overwhelmed by medical bills ..... I truly believe everyone who makes a Christmas Jar will know in his/her heart the exact person or family who will be blessed the most when the time comes.

For my jar I used a quart-size mason jar, attached a simple, decorative tag, and finished the top off with a seasonal sticker on a circle of cardstock.  For me personally, it didn't have to be anything fancy.  The overall purpose is far more important.  Visit Christmas Jars: The True Stories for additional inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment